The Faculty of Sciences celebrated the 75th anniversary of the first promotion of the Chemistry Degree (1935-1942) last November 15th. The origin of the Faculty dates back to 1857, but only in 1923 the Chemistry studies were extended first to 2 years and later to the full 5 years Degree. The celebration included an historical exhibition with pictures and legacy documents, like the first Ph.D. thesis of 1957.
In the picture below a copy from the local news mentioning the anniversary, with the Rector and invited guests, all former alumni of the UVa.
Two of the exhibition posters are shown below.